Thursday 6 February 2014

A significant birthday

With a full half century officially under my belt as of yesterday and a new decade ahead, I have come to recognise that my approach to life thus far, has usually been far more fatalistic than forward planned.  Like many of us of similar age, I have had to roll with a few heavy punches over the years, but all in all, I don't feel much different than I did twenty, or even thirty years ago ... a little more battered and bruised by life perhaps, but still standing, still smiling and of course, still caring.  


Yes, fifty one is a significant number, too old to be passed over lightly, yet too young to hold the true wisdom of age.  Five decades teaches much about life, love and family, but also leaves a few important questions unanswered.  Maybe the life lesson to-date, is to accept that some questions quite simply have no answer?  Only time will tell.

That said, I have drawn a rather philosophical conclusion on this, my significant birthday ...

Unconditional love, trust, loyalty, kindness and friendship, are all we truly need in life.  They are the key elements to understanding.

Sending the best of my love to those who have always tried to understand me and who freely share their lives with me.  

I probably don't say this often enough ...

Thank you all,
from the bottom of my heart 
xxx

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on your birthday. Your mention of the key elements to understanding are definitely all we need to cope with the ups and downs of life. Wishing you all the best for the coming year.

    ReplyDelete

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Polite Request

Copyright: All Bear by Paula Carter 2019



I hope you enjoy sharing my blog and politely request that you do not copy either text or photographs without my permission.



Thank you.