Tuesday 26 August 2014

Tenterhooks!

A soggy August Bank Holiday Monday found me snuggled in my armchair watching 'Mandela' on DVD, whilst knitting a pretty white baby cardigan ... and yes, I confess to wearing my slippers, even though it is still supposed to be British Summertime!


Saturday and Sunday were better weather days, so we spent much of our time trompin' around outdoors with Stuart's cheeky grandson and my equally cheeky (if not more so!) daughter.


As usual, whenever the kids come to see us, Polly was in the thick of things - she's never happier than when she has her family around her; I guess that makes two of us!


On Saturday evening, I enjoyed a precious few moments watching my son build the crib he first slept in almost thirty years ago, in preparation for his own baby's arrival in October ...


There was a slight technical hitch with the crib ... having stored both crib and fixings in readiness for my first grandchild for the past 29 years and four months precisely, I discovered when I brought it down from the loft, I had failed to keep safe the bloomin' swinging hooks - heaven only knows what I did with those!  After Googling frantically to find replaements, I eventually had to resort to buying another entire crib complete with similar hooks from an Ebay seller ... so now I have a spare secondhand swinging crib, yet again with no swinging hooks!


 Ants 'n Han are also currently in full swing, creating a beautiful nursery for their first child and of course, I am on Nana tenterhooks as we all count down to their exciting event.  I know for certain my Dad, a commited family man, would have been absolutely thrilled to know his grandson is soon to be a daddy and that his family line will continue into a new generation.


So time for me to wish Hannah a safe journey into motherhood and to thank her for giving my son the opportunity to be a daddy and for giving me the very special privilege of becoming a Grandmother for the first time! 
With all my love xxx

1 comment:

  1. I wish the new Mum and Dad lots of sleep before the baby comes.
    Hugs Kay

    ReplyDelete

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Polite Request

Copyright: All Bear by Paula Carter 2019



I hope you enjoy sharing my blog and politely request that you do not copy either text or photographs without my permission.



Thank you.