Friday 6 May 2016

Work, rest and play!

Little Betty isn't so little any more.  Her first birthday is almost upon us and our year together has flown past.  We have walked miles and miles together, up hill, down dale, through beautiful countryside and of course, along local pavements (yawn!) ... basically, anywhere that will have us!  Betty and her sister Polly continue to obedience train daily, as dog training isn't so much a hobby for us, as a lifestyle these days.


In fact, I've just come in from a 'Real Life' training session with Betty this morning.  We walk and train with a guide-dog instructor and small group of friendly dogs each week.  We visit all manner of local places to give the dogs the broadest training experience. This morning Betty ran with her pals through bluebell woods at Penenden Heath, walked to heel across a scary high level motorway bridge, tackled steep steps politely, trotted along a noisy road and practiced loads of 'sit stays' (her least favourite thing to do - she is such a fidget bum!) in close proximity with the other dogs.  She also did her bit in a synchronised group routine on the Heath.  Mind you, breaking Betty of her pulling habit continues to be an on-going battle, but I am proud to say, my cheeky Miss Boo has improved hugely of late.


I don't think a dog's life should only be about obedience and training though.  After work comes rest and play ... and boy do my two LOVE to play!


Time to put the kettle on now and find a couple of chews for my girls.  They've certainly earned them this week!

:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Polite Request

Copyright: All Bear by Paula Carter 2019



I hope you enjoy sharing my blog and politely request that you do not copy either text or photographs without my permission.



Thank you.