Friday 8 September 2017

A very fine fellow

I would like you to meet my new autumnal teddy bear today ... and if I do say so myself, he is a very fine fellow!

20" Septimus

Creating a teddy bear from such beautiful mohair is a real privilege. Many years ago, when I first fell in love with antique teddy bears, I was always drawn to those made from dense, curly mohair. I remember visiting 'The Petersfield Museum' in Hampshire (sadly no longer open) about thirty years ago and drooling over a fabulous 1930's Chiltern Hugmee sat in a glass case - he was made from long wavy mohair, a magnificent fellow! Little did I know back then, that one day I would be creating my own teddy bears from such magical mohair!

So, I am proud to introduce you to Septimus. I hope he makes you smile and if he should tug at your heartstrings, please visit him on my website, where he is now waiting to be adopted. Thank  you!


Wishing you all a wonderful weekend and hoping the Autumn sun shines!

:-)

Update: Septimus has been adopted!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Polite Request

Copyright: All Bear by Paula Carter 2019



I hope you enjoy sharing my blog and politely request that you do not copy either text or photographs without my permission.



Thank you.